Banana Bread Layer
4 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
½ cup sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom powder (totally optional)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon gelatin powder
Let’s do this.
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Mash up the bananas up in a bowl
3. Toss and stir in the oil, egg, vanilla, and sugar until combined
4. Measure and add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until combined. Do not over mix.
5. Pour the banana bread batter into a greased springform pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. In a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, sugar, cardamom, and vanilla.
7. Microwave for 2 minutes or use a small pot to get the milk hot really hot prior to adding in the gelatin powder. Quickly stir until gelatin is dissolved. Mix into cream cheese mixture.
8. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the baked banana bread and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight
9. If you had the will power to wait overnight, good for you. If you didn’t and waited just the 3 hours, either way, enjoy da damn thing.